As you are all aware, the COVID-19 crisis has sadly seen us shut our doors to the public until further notice. But we are pleased to share some good news with you.
Our team are still working hard behind closed doors providing the care that our dogs need and we are also still receiving dogs in every day. To help us continue our work and provide loving homes for our four-legged friends we have put in some new measures to enable us to rehome dogs whilst we are closed to the public. Take a look at the simple steps below to find out how you can find your new best friend with us -
1) Take a look on our website and call our team for further information on dogs that we have available.
2) If you are a match for one of our dogs we will ask you to fill in our Rehoming Questionnaire and return to us via email
3) It's then time for videos! We will require videos of your home and garden to help us ensure it is suitable and the garden is fully secure. We will also send you photos and videos of the dog that you have chosen so you can get to know them that little bit more!
4) Once we have followed the three steps above and we are all happy with the choice of dog for your lifestyle we will then visit your home...with your dog! One member of our team will be fully suited in PPE and can only enter your garden, we are sadly not allowed to enter any home. We will also be keeping a strict 2 metre social distancing rule at all times. Here our team member will introduce you to our dog, we will go through lots of helpful tips and if you are happy, we will carry on with the rehoming process.
5) Just before leaving, we will ask you to call our team back at the centre and complete to process with the payment of adoption fee. We will leave all of the paperwork with you and will then wave you goodbye from the drive. Our rehomes are always followed up the next day and we are always on the other end of the phone should you have any questions about your new best friend.
This is a new process for our team and they are working extremely hard to ensure it works as smoothly as possible. It takes a little longer than our usual process which is why we are asking for your patience during these worrying times.
We are so pleased to be able to continue helping stray dogs in and around the West Midlands - We couldn't do it without your support.
These procedures are temporary and can change with any updated guidelines from the government. We will post any updates on our website and social media pages.
Posted: May 27, 2020