We might be enjoying the cooler weather but Autumn now brings some hidden dangers to our four-legged friends. . . . . . 



Conkers, although we may have had many hours playing games as children with them, can cause a serious risk to our dogs if ingested.




All parts of the plant are toxic but it tends to be the seed 'conker' and spiky outer layer that causes the most problems. 




Although rare, if your dog eats a conker or the outer casing it can cause tummy upset and vomiting. 




SYMPTOMS TO LOOK OUT FOR:


Vomiting


Diarrhoea

Drooling


Abdominal pain


Loss of appetite


Dehydration


Restlessness


Muscle Tremors


 





If you suspect your dog may have eaten a conker, and you are worried about them, then please consult your vet as soon as possible.