Autumn is here and we are starting to see the night’s drawing in slowly which means only one thing, darker walks with our dogs.
It will take a while for us to adjust but to help keep you and your dog’s safe this winter please ensure you do the following:
- Wear bright clothing – Reflective is best
- Put reflective items on your dogs too
- Stick to lighted areas
- Avoid dark roads or country lanes with no paths if you can
- Carry a torch
- Stick to areas that you know
- Always tell a family member or friend that you are popping out
- Make sure your dog’s tag is on and microchip details up-to-date
Your dog can also get spooked with the change in his walks, especially when they can’t see as well as they can in the daylight – if this is the case, keep them on the lead and keep them close. It’s better to be safe than sorry.
Posted: September 26, 2018